Wednesday 13 August 2014

OCC Stretch your stamps 2 - Floral stamps.

Hello everyone! Today's topic at the ongoing OCC Stretch your stamps 2 was floral stamps. My first card was inspired by Julie Ebersole's Make a window card. Instead of a window I wanted to create a kind of a half a circle with these Penny Black stamps. I am a huge fan of Dawn Woleslagle's style and ideas and her wonderful talent of watercolour so this card was also inspired by her Sketched outline- technique. 




For the second card for today I wanted to watercolour magnolias and arrange them around the edges. Like I said few days earlier I am new to a world of watercolour and today I learned the hard way that while water colouring one should trust the water to do its work. I'll keep practicing though.


Thank you for stopping by and happy crafting! 

Marika

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon! I signed up for the Watercolors for Cardmakers OCC. I can't wait to get started!!

      Delete
  2. Both cards are very pretty! Your watercoloring looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards!!! I love that you changed up the first card from a window to a half-circle. And the colors for your second card are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, these are both wonderful. Your watercoloring turned out gorgeous. And yes, trusting that water to do its "magic" is hard to get used to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! We have watched your watercolour tutorials so many times with my daughter. Thank you for them, they are very very helpful! I'm very pleased that you liked my cards, thank you. I'll keep practicing since this water colouring stuff is kinda addicting... :)

      Delete
  5. I love both your cards, the first with the innovative idea of the half circle and the soft colors. But looking at your second card, it looks you are a natural water-colorist!

    ReplyDelete