Tuesday 7 April 2015

A watercoloured Poppy

Good afternoon my friends!

Today, I am at the Altenew blog to share two of my watercolored cards and a video tutorial how I painted the other one.

Stamps used: Painted Poppy and Floral Motifs (sentiment).

Here is a close-up:



If you like to see how this card came to together, here it is:





I believe this stamp set is perfect for watercoloring since it gives you the choice to go for loose and more artistic look or for more detailed look if you wish. This other one is made with Distress Inks and I didn't add that much of a detail. I only used Tattered Rose, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint and Black Soot Distress Inks for this one. 

Stamps used: Painted Poppy and Sketchy Rose (sentiment).

Supplies:
Stamps: Painted Poppy, Floral Motifs and Sketchy Rose by Altenew
Inks: Tattered Rose, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Tattered Rose, Black Soot, Spiced Marmelade, Rusty Hinge and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks, Versafine Onyx Black and Toffee (sentiments)
Watercolours: Kuretake Gansai Tambi no.43, 31, 33 (flower), 54,43 and 51 (stems).
Cardstock: Canson Watercolour paper 180g/m2, Papermania Textured Cardstock, Brown Inspire Me paper
Embossing Powder: Opaque Vanilla White by WOW!
ATG gun and tape
Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue
Card base: Papermania A6 300g/ms White

Thank you for stopping today and I hope you liked there. Have a wonderful day!

Marika

25 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous cards! When looking at the final product, it would be hard, if not impossible, to tell that you started with a stamp. Wonderful video tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marika, Sunning.....needs to be framed as a work of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful!...thank you for the tutorial!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful watercolouring. Thank you so much for sharing. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's stunning! I loved watching you paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marika, what a fabulous video... I am feeling very honored to watch you create. Gorgeous results with either medium... and love the trimmed image!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous! Saved your video on my YouTube list to watch later... Thank you for sharing it, Marika!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful video and gorgeous, gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent video! Your cards are beautiful, and it was great to see how you get such beautiful results! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. I really enjoyed watching your video. I wish I could color like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful cards Marika and your colouring is amazing! You are such an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both so beautiful Marika, I can't wait to see this video it's on my watch list... but my job keeps getting in the road lol. You know that you really work magic with those watercolours, thanks yet again for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my heaven's, Marika, your talent is sensational! I am in awe! Thank you SO much for the video!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a work of art, just stunning.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cards are sooo beautiful ! Great watercolouring ! Thanks for sharing and making the video !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marika, wow! Just wow! I'm out of words!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am speechless ! Such a beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your watercoloring is beautiful. Can't even describe how lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Found this card on Pinterest....you're so talented...lovely art Marika!
    Greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so talented, Marika and I love your beautiful work!!!! I'll be back to watch the video!!!!! Both your cards are AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you SO MUCH for the video! You're awesome! Love your watercolor cards, love your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for letting us watch you create - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so beautiful. Thank you for the video tutorial.

    ReplyDelete