Thursday 10 December 2015

Beauty of the Season

Good Morning!


I'm back as promised to share another Penny Black Holiday card. Back in July, while I was designing the cards for the Guest Design week, when I saw these two products this was something that I had in mind how I would use them. But you know, sometimes the colouring just doesn't work - especially when done in a hurry. So back then I went for something more simple than this with these. You can see the cards HERE and HERE. But I find this particular Poinsettia called Sparkler to be so beautiful that it deserved to be coloured in. So here is my take on it:


Products used: Sparkler, Glorious and Beauty of the Season.

Products used: Sparkler, Glorious and Beauty of the Season.
I started by stamping the Sparkler with light brown ink onto a smooth card stock. Then I coloured it with copic markers and coloured pencils. Since the flower took a while to colour, for the leaves I used Glorious die. I trimmed it a bit (I think I just cut off the stem and one pedal from the right side). Then I die cut it again, this time from light brown card stock and used the ones that I had cut off from the green card stock and glued them in place. So the Glorious die seen on the back is almost identical for the actual die. While putting the card together, I glued them where they fitted the best in a card. The background is just a square piece of cream coloured vellum and the sentiment was heat embossed with gold embossing powder.

Supplies: 
Stamps: Sparkler and Beauty of the Season by Penny Black
Dies: Glorious die from Penny Black, Die-namics Pierced Squares by MFT
Inks: Versamark
Card Stock: Canson Bristol 250mg Smooth Card Stock, Brown and light green textured card stock
Metallic Gold Rich Embossing Powder from WOW!
Cream vellum
Small Permanent Adhesive DODZ  by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

I will enter this into few challenges:
Penny Black and More: Anything goes with a stamp

TIME OUT Challenges #46: Photo Inspiration



Thank you for stopping by today and have an amazing day!

Hugs,
Marika

36 comments:

  1. fabulous coloring - you are so talented - love the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's just beautiful - I love the different colours in the poinsettia rather than it being all red. Stunning colouring as usual! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredibly beautiful, Marika! Such mad coloring skills you have. You need to do way more video tutorials for those of us who don't color so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing coloring, Marika! Love the soft colors,you used for the poinsettia instead of just red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking, Marika, your coloring is exceptional. The poinsettia seems to pop right off the card and the leafs in a textured paper...brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe-inspiring. There are not enough words in English to describe the feelings your coloring evokes in me. I bow to the master.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super card Marika and great stamping and colouring of the Poinsettia, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aivan mielettömän ihana kortti, olet niin taitava värittäjä. Tämä kyllä on niin suunnattoman kaunis.
    Kiitos kun tulit mukaan Penny Black and more haasteeseen ja samalla toivotan jo
    Hyvää Joulua;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Marika, you do magic with your Copic markers and pencils, this card is absolutely beautiful. The colors and shading is spectacular as always, I love the dimension of the leaves, they make this lovely Poinsettia pop off the card.
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. your other cards using this image are very elegant and this one is too, but i love how your colouring adds depth and i can see why it would take some time to create the look. thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coloring skill is amazing...the close-up looks like a delicate, real flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the feathery light strokes of colour inside the Poinsettia flower, Marika - you have such amazing skill to bring a stamped image to life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Marika! This is amazing and you are a coloring master!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spectacularly beautiful is what this is. Your talents are incredible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marika!!! The prettiest poinsettia I've ever seen ... just so incredibly lifelike!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, Marika, this is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never seen such prettiest Poinsettia ever...Breathtaking beauty!!! U r one big bundle of inspirations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kyllä on sensaatiomaisen kaunis väritys. Aivan ihana. Tyylikäs kokonaisuus myös. Ja kiitos muuten joulukortista, tänään saapui! Tuijottelin väritystä ihmeissäni pitkän aikaa. :) Kiitos kun osallistuit TO-haasteeeseen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sigh. I wish I could color like you. That flower is a piece of art. STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can see why this would take a while to color, Marika, but you do it so well. I hope it is fun and relaxing for you to do.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so beautifully coloured with markers and pencils Marika and this PB stamp and the die cut foliage look great together. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Extraordinary and beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card! Your coloring is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome colouring, Marika ... what a stunner! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! Beautifully colored! I love the combination of marker and colored pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  27. SO gorgeous Marika - the detail in your poinsettia is just amazing and I can't take my eyes off it! I noticed your card right away in the Time Out gallery and just had to stop by to let you know how much I love it! Thanks for sharing it there! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, I love your card. Your colouring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is beautiful! I love your coloring. How did you learn to color the flower that way? I would love to be able to do as well.

    ReplyDelete