Friday 11 December 2015

Blue and Green Christmas!

Hello!

You probably are getting tired of seeing Christmas cards from me and surely I'm running out of ideas. I still have a few to make so please.. bear with me. I seek inspiration from challenges that are going on at the moment. Less is more is having a colour theme: Blue and Green. That is the base for today's cards. Here they are:

Stamps used: Snowflake Grove Decorated Tree and Happy Holidays - Scripty.

Stamps used: Holly and Happy Holidays - Scripty

If you are familiar with my blog and visited me yesterday, you probably recognise the design on the first one. Yesterday I entered a similar card to CTS, the color theme yesterday was pink. I really liked how the card turned out to be so I replicated it, I just used a different tree stamp for it. My colouring could be better, but you know, holiday cards are made in bulk so I really didn't have the time to use for more detailed colouring this time. Funny thing though is that I kinda had an issue with green stars... Then I figured, if I don't have a problem a tree being blue... surely I can't have a problem with a green star, can I?

On the second I wanted to use the mouse that I had had for about a year now. I think he is really cute but he has never made into a card. One problem with him was that he is quite hard to cut out and before I had copics, I usually cut everything out. I like how he is coloured but I kinda regret inking the blue snowflakes on the back.. and seriously, I'm so running out of ideas. LOL!

I will enter these into followering challenges:
Less is more: Blue and Green

Supplies: 
Inks: Memento London Fog and Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
Paper: Neenah Solar White
White Jelly Roll Pen

Copic Markers: B91 - B93 - B95, YG03 - YG67, 0 - W1 - W3, E40, 0 - N0 - N1.

Thank you for stopping by today. I really appreciate your kind comments, especially this very hectic time of the year. Thank you. You really are so kind people in all. Hopefully you are all well and having a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Marika

29 comments:

  1. Love your cards! The trees are fantastic and that little mouse is just too cute! Fantastic layout and design. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marika, this is just adorable! That little mouse is so cute! The layout is perfect too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful classy and so perfectly stamped and coloured.
    I think the 2nd one would fit best at Less is More but only because it shows masses of 'white' space which we adore BUT they are both stunning. thanks for sharing.
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never tire of your cards, Marika. Each day I look forward to reading your blog. Today the trees made me smile and the mouse big smile. Charming cards, beautiful colors. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really tardy in visiting this week Marika
    This is a super pair of cards... I love your unusual choice of colours... it's really innovative!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marika I love both of your cards! The scattered trees on your first card are so much fun, and that little mouse is adorable! You amaze me with your awesome coloring. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marika-you are too hard on yourself. BOTH of these cards are beautiful. I LOVE those scattered trees. The coloring on both cards are perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two WONDERFUL cards, love them both, and that little mousee is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting tired of seeing your wonderful cards?? NEVER!!! I love them Marika, always inspiring and delightful.
    Both cards are amazing, love the floating Christmas Trees, how fun and the detail of the square with your sentiment is really awesome.
    The second card with that adorable little mouse, ahh!! you know how much I love little mice and this one is sweet as can be.
    The colors you used are gorgeous, thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Green stars and blue trees are perfectly acceptable :) Love these cards and I love seeing your posts, so don't think we're getting sick of seeing Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Green stars and blue trees are perfectly acceptable :) Love these cards and I love seeing your posts, so don't think we're getting sick of seeing Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Marika!! Totally awesome cards. You did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are really awesome! That mouse is just the cutest thing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will NEVER tire of seeing anything from you, Marika ... love the blue/green even better than the pink! But that little mouse? OH he makes me smile! The blue snowflakes are perfect!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I'd ever tire of seeing your lovely holiday cards, Marika. Love the blue tree card and how you spotlighted the sentiment tag by placing it in a negative space with simple black stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just fantastic, Marika. Love that tree image and the mouse is just adorable. Looking at your fabulous cards I don't think you'll ever run out of ideas!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marika, I so enjoy seeing your lovely cards that I can't think of a reason that I would ever tire of Christmas cards, or any of your cards... bring them on!! Love both of your beautiful cards. That little mouse is soooo adorable - and I like the blue spatter in the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can do as many Christmas cards and post them as you like, I ADORE your creations! The tree card is beautiful but I LOVED the pink version even more! That little mouse with the big ears is so sweet, and your blue splatter background is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That mouse is so darling, Marika. I don't know how you get so many cards done when you spend so much time coloring them so beautifully. People are probably waiting in line to get on your Christmas mailing lists so they can have one of your works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never tire of Christmas cards, especially when they are this fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gah, so very clever and beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. These two blue themed cards are very pretty Marika and the mouse is so cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your blue version of trees is just as gorgeous as the pink. And I love that adorable mouse. You do such amazing coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous. I don't care what theme you do, I will never get tired of seeing your cards. They are always so beautiful, and I dream of one day being that good. ^_^ I thank you for ever post. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Could never get tired of seeing Christmas cards fom you. There is always so much inspiration and I love the wonderful ideas you have. Two more perfect wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Are you kidding? You're running out of ideas? Well it certainly doesn't show. Have to laugh when you say your coloring on the trees isn't up to your standards...because that coloring is awesome...green stars and all. The that sweet little Holly...just love this card...I like the blue dots, it's precious, fun and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two fabulous Christmas cards Marika - I love that adorable mouse!
    Thank you for joining us.
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous!! That mouse is just about the cutest thing I've seen and I don't like mice, so that is sayin' something! :) Love your blue trees, too.

    ReplyDelete