Sunday 13 December 2015

Festive Christmas

Hello,

I'm here.. again! :)  You can't believe how much fun I've had during the last two weeks, I've played a long with many challenges and I can say, I've had a blast. I've missed playing along and what I've noticed, these card challenges are a such a great source of inspiration. 

So today's card is made inspired mainly by Fusion - Season's Greetings. I went for the inspiration picture and tried to use as many elements as I possible could. At the same time, over at the Paper Players there's a new colour challenge so I tried to use only those colours. So here's my take:

Stamps used: BirchWinter Bough and Handwritten Holiday

Well, I started with the woodgrain background. I can't believe how identical it looks to Altenew's Woodgrain Palet Background heat embossed vanilla white EP onto SSS Smoke card stock. I love the look! Just beautiful! Then I took a stripe of red card stock and white jelly roll pen and tried to mimic the pattern seen on the table cloth. In the inspiration picture, there's this bird but I so wanted to use this little cute bunny. I think he is so darn adorable. Oh and I used a stencil to ink up the little red and grey dots on the background which can mimic the berries in the picture. The bunny is coloured firstly with copic markers and then added details with coloured pencils. I didn't write down the exact numbers, so I don't list them since I can't be sure. If someone is interested in the colours, please let me know - I can give a good guess. :) I was trying out a new copic combos, the hat on the bunny came to be more pink that I would have wanted. Hopefully the PP gals don't mind. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Birch, Winter Bough and Handwritten Holiday by Purple Onion Designs.
Inks: Memento Desert Sand and New Sprout and Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Canson Bristol 250gms Smooth Card Stock, SSS Smoke Card Stock and Textured Card  Stock from Papermania.
Vanilla Opaque White Embossing Powder by WOW!
White Jelly Roll Pen

I will enter this into following Challenges:
Fusion - Season's Greetings
The Paper Players #275 - Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow and Very Vanilla



Thank you for stopping by today! See you soon!

Hugs,
Marika

27 comments:

  1. No one, but no one, would mind Birch's adorable pinkish hat. She looks so lovely in it. The details on your card are delicate and meticulously executed. In other words, this card is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming card, the bunny really is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I greatly admire all of your work, Marika!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute and works fantastically for these two challenges Marika. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! All the extra little details are wonderful and your card is still clean and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Marika! How ADORABLE! I couldn't help but smile and light up when I saw your card. Absolutely lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet...it's hard for me to imagine that he is stamped, he's so perfect! LOVE the branch, the woodgrain....all of it! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could look at your art all day... ️️Perfection this is, adorable this is love the texture just ️stunning:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cutie pie card and fab coloring! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I rarely get a chance to play along with challenges at the moment and I agree, they really are a source of inspiration, as is your gorgeous card Marika, you have reminded me that I need to play with my POD stamps again real soon lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Birch is one of my all-time favorite Stacey Yacula cuties, Marika ... you've made a darling little scene for her! LOve it!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable, and perfect for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet! Love the hand-drawn border that you created, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect! I could just look at your coloring all day, and that sweet guy is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This bunny is just adorable and I love the holly branch he is sitting on - thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really zeroed in on a lot of the details in that inspiration photo, Marika, but all I can look at is that darling bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just as sweet as can be!! I am smitten with that little bunny! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, Marika! This is so sweet. What an adorable little guy (gal?) hanging out on the branch. I adore every detail you added to this card. I so appreciate your sharing your talents with us. I think just about everything you create is frame worthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this card is so gorgeous! I saw it in the Paper Players list and thought I would stop by to let you know, what a great job you did! lovely colouring and design. Creative regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super card and fabulous colouring Marika - LOVE this Purple Onions critter! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION! Love to see you join in the 2nd Anniversary Challenge starting on Thursday 7th January too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness. This is so adorable. Love this little guy. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete