Wednesday 30 December 2015

My best nine in 2015!

Hello!

Today I'm here to share my best nine projects for the year of 2015 and I explain a bit why on each one. These come in the published order. So here we go:

1) A window Thank You


This card was made inspired by the CTS sketch. This is special to me because this was first  card that I coloured combined watercolours and Inktense pencils. I'm very pleased how the colouring turned out and that time I was very into window cards. 

2) Pink Flower Thank You


This card was made to the DT introduction post for Altenew. This card is very special to me since I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours that I had just received to colour the flowers and I just love how softly they look. And the window theme continued also.

3) African Sunset


I included this card into the best nine because I love to colour and I usually make cards that have coloured focal point. This card I made without colouring and I really really like the intensity and dimension it has.

4) A beautiful Day 


This fall I found my favourite colouring medium (at least at the moment) and it is copic markers combined to coloured pencils. The flower in this card is one of the best flowers that I personally think I've coloured so far.

5) Modern Congratulations


This card is pretty simple in design and lay-out but for me it is special because I'm very proud of how I was able to colour the leaf at the bottom to look like a real leaf - and I've had issues in colouring leaves.

6) You are made of awesome 


If I have to choose only one card from my 2015 cards, it would be this one. This is absolutely my favourite from this year. I am very pleased with the colouring and the shading and I am very happy that I was able to gain such a clean design to this. The font of the sentiment fits also perfectly to the flower. I wouldn't change a thing in this card.

7) Merry and Bright


I made this card a special crafting friend in mind who usually watches my videos over her morning coffee so I thought this POD owl would be perfect for her. I am really happy how the colouring turned out to be, I think he is the best coloured critter from this year. I'm also very pleased with the sky colour that I recently found and love the effect of white gel pen in the sky.

8) Beauty of the Season


Usually, in the cards that I make there are some parts that I'm very happy with and some parts I would change if I made that card again. In this card I wouldn't change anything and that is very a lot to say after how many days I actually tried to put this card together. I had coloured the image and I played around so many leaves, diets and sentiments. But the end result is what matters and I'm happy with it.

9) Frozen


This card is one of the latest cards that I made for this year and this got its ticket to my best nine because of the sky. I really tried to gain a feeling of a bright and cold winter night with a full moon. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I also practiced back-lit shading for the image and although I have to practise more I like how it turned out.

Well, this was the best nine of the 2015! Hopefully some of your favourites also found its way to this group. If your favourite is missing, let me know! :)

Thank you for stopping by and see you soon!



38 comments:

  1. ALL your cards are an inspiration to me! And these are no exception, Happy New Year my friend and I can't wait for the next 12 months of inspiration to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As said earlier too, you create magic with those cards, Marika! Beautiful cards.. :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love everything you do, Marika! I would love to see you do more videos as I try to copy your techniques with coloring. Of all that you did, Beautiful Day is my absolute favorite but I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so very happy to have discovered your blog this year, Marika. Your talents are incredible and I've enjoyed being mesmerized by your cards. While I don't have anywhere near the talent that you do, I am so appreciative of the talent you possess, it doesn't matter. I absolutely cannot wait to see what you create next. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each and every card of yours is such a masterpiece Marika ...So so love them !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous array of cards Marika, all beautifully created and so artistically coloured. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you a wonderfully creative new year. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! My favorite of yours is here! (Just posted it yesterday, Dec. 29th.)
    You know, I had a VERY difficult time choosing between the single Blue flower card and the one I chose..which was in my opinion PERFECTLY colored:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marika, It must have been like choosing a favorite child. I love all you cards, but I must say the Hummers are excellent. Best wishes for a creative 2016 and thank you for sharing your talent and teaching through your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suunnattoman kauniita kaikki.
    Yksi mikä on jäänyt mieleeni vuoden varrelta on mustikkakortti, johon ihastuin myös.
    Ihanaa ja luovaa uutta vuotta;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. We totally have the same favourite! I adore all your cards, but the blue flower just blew my socks off. I love your fabulous colouring. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful set of cards.I think I like the blue flower one the best as it is such an unusal design. However, I have been in awe of your colouring all year and look forward to seeing more next Year. Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your cards fall into my favorite category. Each one of these reminds me how grateful I am that I can see your work. You are such and extraordinary artist with such a keen eye for detail. Always a pleasure to see your posts and I look forward to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful selection of cards, Marika! Your colouring skills are phenomenal and I have so enjoyed seeing each of your designs during the year. I look forward to more in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Each a TREASURE Marika!!!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an amazing collection of cards, you are SO SO talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all absolutely wonderful - you really are a fantastic artist.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous! I love the shading.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your Magical creation with such depth and dimensions, great skills and coloring work! love them all!
    Wishing You A Very Happy New Year filled with joy, health and more craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All your cards are beautiful! I found your blog by way of Jennifer McGuire's blog talking about Altenew and I saw your #4 choice card and had to subscribe to your blog. I love them all and wish I were half as talented. I look forward to seeing what you create in 2016. Happy new Year to you and your Family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your work is always a JOY to behold! Amazingly beautiful! Happiest of New Years to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your beautiful work is such an inspiration! Your colouring is so skilled and you create such beautiful light and shade in your images. Wishing you health and happiness in 2016 and looking forward to enjoying more of your awesome talent in the year to come!

    ReplyDelete
  22. J'ai adoré toutes ces magnifiques cartes, vous êtes très talentueuse - bravo pour cette créativité partagée qui nous donne envie d'essayer !
    Meilleurs voeux aussi pour 2016
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't know how you could choose only 9 of your cards as "favorites", Marika, as every one of them has been spectacular! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2016! Wishing you the very best in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Marika! You have me in tears ... you are so dear to me, and LOve every single stamp, line, color, brushstroke, pen-stroke, and sentiment of every card you put your heart into! xxoo I wish you the best, and look forward to our next coffee-video of 2016 together! xxooxxoo & love! [your little owl card was the first card my son wanted to touch - says you could NOT have colored it - I set him straight immediately!]
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved every single card you made in 2015! They are great inspiration for me!
    Wishing you and your family a happy and memorable New Year, Marika!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a magnificent gallery - I am in awe of all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful selection of cards, Marika! You excel with florals and also the cute Purple Onion stamps, although I have to say I'm pretty partial to the card that made its way from Finland to New Zealand ;) Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. No word can describe you're work...I am speechless and breathless...LOVE,LOVE LOVE IT XX

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your cards are so incredible I don't know how you could even pick a favorite. I know I couldn't. Your talent is amazing, Marika, and I love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  30. fantastic cards and all so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  31. All of your cards are always stunning. 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really admire your super talent for coloring. Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Honestly, Marika, you should be professionally creating greetings cards for a high-end company or making full canvases to hang in art galleries. Your talent just leaves me with my mouth hanging open in awe in a very unladylike way!! WOWZA!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG. Those cards are gorgeous!!! Your coloring are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome picks but I love all your cards :)

    ReplyDelete