Thursday 10 December 2015

Pink Christmas!

Hello!

I'm here to share a very quick post since CTS is closing in 3h hours. :) When I saw the sketch, I knew immediately what to do. I know there are circles in the sketch, my circles are on the trees, hopefully that counts! And the colour theme is inspired by my two girls. They don't really care about the colour as long as it is PINK! Pink made this card to be quite cute, what do you think?

Stamps used: Snowflake Grove Bright Trees2 and Happy Holidays (Scripty).
I started with the sketch and drew a grid with my pencils to my card panel. Then I stamped the trees with light grey ink to make the pattern seen. Before I started to colour the images, I erased the pencil grid. All images are firstly coloured with copic markers and then added white details with white jelly roll pen. Next, I die cut a window to an lower right corner and stamped the pattern with black ink - I tried to make sure that the pattern would continue through the die cut window. Then I die cut a square panel out of white card stock and added two coats of the same copic colours as used to colour the trees. Next I stamped the sentiment with light pink ink onto the panel and "wrote-over" the stamped sentiment with white jelly roll pen. The sentiment panel is then popped up with fun foam to add a little bit dimension. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Snowflake Grove Bright Trees2 and Happy Holidays (Scripty) from Purple Onion Designs.
Inks: Memento London Fog and Tuxedo Black and Altenew Cotton Candy Crisp Ink.
Paper: Canson Bristol 250gms Smooth Card Stock
White Jelly Roll Pen
Fun Foam

Copic Markers used: RV91 - RV93 - RV95. N1 - N3 - N5.

I will enter this card into to following challenges:
CASology #176 - Cue Card - Tree



Thank you for stopping by today! Hopefully your day is beautiful!

Hugs,
Marika

16 comments:

  1. The most amazing shade of pink to start with.... for the rest well... YOU made it, and that means I LOVE it!
    Thanks for joining CASology and CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful card. Love those trees. Good luck!
    Carol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pink Christmas trees! Gorgeous card, Marika!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest trees ever....and the pink is Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smell a winner in both challenges. The coloring is, as always, perfect but the concept absolutely knocks me out. You truly are the master artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever design Marika and really prettily coloured. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is gorgeous! Wonderful take on the sketch, Marika! I love the pink trees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that shading is fabulous! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, wow! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marika, this is such a clever design and so beautifully colored, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This design is so fun. Love the pink trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable and I love the reverse spotlighting you've done on your card. And the pink is so cute and girly - a great look for a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! Love these pretty pink trees! Congrats on HM at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous pink trees--love the fabulous color! Your spotlighted sentiment looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Marika, this pink trees are as sweet as can be, I love the fact that they look like they are floating about, and the way you framed the sentiment is simply fabulous.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love your adorable pink trees!

    ReplyDelete