Tuesday 1 December 2015

Warm Winter Wishes with Purple Onion Designs

Hello Friends,

I'm sharing a few cards that I've been holding on since October. I coloured these in during the Kathy's 30 day colouring challenge. I really enjoyed colouring these and I liked how they turned out. I was kinda hoping to make these into a video but it looks that I'm not going to be getting the setup running before Christmas so I'd like to share these before holidays. I used copic markers combined with coloured pencils in these cards. 

Inspiration to these cards came from the sentiment - I wanted to colour these in warm shades but still having the snowman in a wintery scene. I've done many cards during this past year - this Snowman card is one of my favourites. 

Stamps used: Warm Hearted, 2 forests, Handwritten Holiday.

Stamps used: Cora and Thomas, Pond Handwritten Holiday.

I did wrote down the exact colours after colouring these in October. Back then I only did the panel and left it unadhered to a card base. Apparently, while gluing the panel to the card base, I managed to glue the post-it note between the panel and the card base. Oops. So, I don't list the colours this time because I really can't remember them and I don't want to give false information. All images are coloured firstly with copic markers and then added details with Faber-Castell Polychromo Pencils. The sky was inked with Distress Inks: Antique Linen and Tattered Rose. 

Oh, and just a reminder that if you like Stacey's images as much as I do, Purple Onion is having a Holiday Sale as we speak that runs until December 6th. All stamps are 25% off! 

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm working with some Penny Black Christmas goodies at the moment, I'll be sharing them later this week. :) 

Have an amazing day!

Hugs,
Marika

32 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous colouring - I love the shades of red and pink. He looks like such a happy snowman!! Look forward to seeing your videos when you are back up and running - I always find them really helpful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Marika! These are breathtakingly beautiful. Your shading and color selection are perfect. I can't even begin to imagine how you were able to achieve these cards. Your talents are remarkable. The snowman in that first card looks very, very happy. Thank you SO much for sharing! What a joy it is to see your creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing coloring on both the cards !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so pretty Marika and the images on both cards are so cute. That colour for the sky definitely gives a gorgeous warm glow! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These could not be more adorable, your coloring is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You continue to amaze and inspire me, Marika. These cards are lovely. Your colors, shading and in general everything is wonderful. Thanks for posting these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a sucker for a snowman and these just make my heart melt, they are snow cute. The background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a sucker for a snowman and these just make my heart melt, they are snow cute. The background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great card, just love your colouring job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great card, just love your colouring job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, beautiful cards, Marika! They are so warm-feeling with the sky colours you've chosen. I laughed when you said you'd stuck down the post-it to the card base - that is totally something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the card with the snowman is possibly the most adorable, gorgeous, sweet, feel-good card ever! so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, these are coloured so beautifully! I love the warm backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Love Stacy's images and the way you've colored them. The sky is gorgeous and the meticulous way you've colored the little creatures is breath-taking. Amazing work! As for the post-it notes, you have no idea how many things I've inadvertently attached to other items. Suffice it to say, when I do, the language I use is NOT lady-like.

    ReplyDelete
  15. AHHH the secret colors forever lost between the pages!!! These are Fabulous Marika:)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so pretty!! I LOVE your coloring on these. I love that you glued your post it to the card!! so something I would do!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your scenes are gorgeous! Can't wait to receive my stamps. And I need to save up for those Polychromos!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. So fabulous, Marika! Though I am missing your videos, I have not given up coffee!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love the colors of the sky in both cards Marika, this shows me that the sky doesn't always have to be blue, this shades of gold and rose look like a perfect sunset, so gorgeous.
    And the images of the snowmen and bunnies are adorable, with the magnificent coloring technique of the markers and the Polychromo pencils, Just stunning.
    Many hugs.
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These cards are so absolutely beautiful! Both are just so gorgeous, I cannot believe it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. I am always so blown away by your cards. I just want to frame them and hang them in my house.. heh These, of course, would be part of the winter decorations. ^_^ So much love for what you do. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Speechless - these are incredible :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both are positively amazing! Your coloring is always so awesome. Love the beautiful reds and pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Marika, these just blow me away! They are my new favorites of yours and I can't stop staring at them!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  25. So beautifully coloured Marika!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two gorgeous and cute cards Marika and I love them both:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ha, ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one that does stuff like that! Your art is always so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've said it before and I'll say it again - your coloring is absolutely magnificent, Marika.

    ReplyDelete